Why choose de ferrers?
The de Ferrers Sixth Form campus offers a fantastic new learning space for students who want to gain independence, study a range of subjects and qualifications, and progress on to university, an apprenticeship or full-time employment.
Why Choose de Ferrers?
- Our students have the option to study A Levels and BTECs combined offering a broader range of courses and greater flexibility. We also offer CTEC courses in Lab Skills and Health and Social Care
- Our new facilities are designed to meet the needs of pre-university students with a large lecture theatre, and flexible learning spaces for group work and independent study
- All de Ferrers students receive an iPad to support their learning, giving them access to learning materials and online resources at any time of day
- Students at de Ferrers have a say in how they learn, and the opportunities they have access to – we have a nominated team of student representatives ensuring students' views are heard
- Our Sixth Form students take part in a range of extra-curricular activities and societies including debating, charity work and fundraising, DofE and more
- We support academic progression by monitoring your progress, and providing a performance update every 6 weeks. This is to ensure we support you to reach your potential
- In 2017, de Ferrers were in the top 10 per cent nationally for performance in Art, Photography, Chemistry, Geography and Physics, and in the top 25%, for PE and Psychology
- The percentage of students who achieve three GCE A levels at grades AAB or higher has been increasing year on year and now stands at 17.1%
Our aim is to support all our students to reach their potential. We provide mentoring and support to help students who might not be achieving as much as they could be.
Find out more about the guidance and support our students receive
What do students do after de Ferrers?
Our Sixth Form students progress to university, apprenticeships and full-time employment. Previously, students have gone on to degree apprenticeships with employers such as Jaguar Land Rover, Deloitte, National Grid, PFK Cooper Parry. Students who study at de Ferrers are successful in gaining places at Russell group universities including Oxford and Cambridge.
Find out more about life beyond Sixth Form
At the de Ferrers Sixth Form campus, we will support you to become an independent learner, and help you to prepare for your future
'The support the Sixth Form team has provided has been incredible. Whether it’s been emotional support during exam period, or advice with UCAS and university, I cannot fault them and I’m very grateful for everything they have done, and continue to do for me, during my time in the Sixth Form'
Year 13 student
Our experience of the de Ferrers Academy Sixth Form from the aspect of a parent has been excellent. Senior Staff have always been approachable and have professionally dealt with any matters arising. The staff have committed to ELO's which have been available to all of the students who want to take advantage. Career advice has been available for the students along with university and company representatives visiting the academy. The de Ferrers Academy has met and exceeded our expectations
Mr & Mrs Wolfenden - Parents of Year 13 student