POSITIVE TEST RESULT procedure:
Please ensure that you include details of:
- Child's name
- Form group
- Date of test
- Date of positive result
- Date of first symptoms
- Date last in the academy
- Best contact number
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
The isolation period starts on the day the symptoms first started and continues for the next 10 full days.
- All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 10 days
- The 10 day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be taken within the home.
- Household members staying at home for 10 days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community
- If you are able, move any vulnerable individuals (such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) out of your home, to stay with friends or family for the duration of the home isolation period
Symptoms of Covid-19:
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
• new continuous cough and/or
• high temperature
• a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/