POSITIVE TEST RESULT procedure:
Please ensure that you include details of:
- Child's name
- Form group
- Date of test
- Date of positive result
- Date of first symptoms
- Date last in the academy
- Best contact number
What to do if your child develops symptoms of COVID 19
If your child develops symptoms of COVID-19, they should remain at home for at least 10 days from the date when their symptoms appeared. Anyone with symptoms will be eligible for testing and this can be arranged via https://www.nhs.uk/ask-for-a-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
- All other household members who remain well must stay at home and not leave the house for 14 days (from 14th December 2020, this wil change to 10 days).
- The 14 (10) day period starts from the day when the first person in the house became ill.
- Household members should not go to work, school or public areas and exercise should be taken within the home.
- Household members staying at home for 14 (10) days will greatly reduce the overall amount of infection the household could pass on to others in the community
- If you are able can, move any vulnerable individuals (such as the elderly and those with underlying health conditions) out of your home, to stay with friends or family for the duration of the home isolation period
With the government announcement of isolation dates reducing from 14 days to 10 days, all students who are currently isolating due to being an in school identified contact will come back on Monday 14th Dec.
Symptoms of Covid-19:
The most common symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are recent onset of:
• new continuous cough and/or
• high temperature
• a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell (anosmia)
For most people, coronavirus (COVID-19) will be a mild illness.
If your child or anyone in the household does develop symptoms, you can seek advice from NHS 111 at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/check-if-you-have-coronavirus-symptoms/ or by phoning 111.
How to stop COVID-19 spreading
There are things you can do to help reduce the risk of you and anyone you live with getting ill with COVID-19
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- wash your hands as soon as you get home
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
Further information is available at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/