Expectations (online learning)
Dear parents/carers, please see lists below of expectations for our students during the current period of remote learning from home, and how you can best support them:
- Check your Academy e-mail and Showbie/Google Classroom every day for any updates/announcements
- Complete any work set by class teachers, to a high standard, within 2 days from when it was set
- Stick broadly to your normal school timetable/class times where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Ask questions if you do not understand or have any difficulties, during the school day
- Complete any additional projects/extension activities set by your teachers if you cannot access online classwork or have spare time
- Year 9 - Year 13: Only use your iPad for yourself, do not share iPads or codes. Remember to wipe your iPad screen and keep it clean.
- Make use of online resources for revision & independent study where you can
- Read books/listen to audio books for pleasure
- Follow guidelines about being safe online
- Please contact email@example.com if you have any iPad/ICT issues
- Keep yourself well and stay healthy, follow advice to help reduce spread of coronavirus
- Please follow www.deferrers.com/updates for the latest information
- See www.deferrers.com/online to find out more about online working and support for students
- Y7/Y8 codes for Showbie & Google Classroom can be found at www.deferrers.com/dovecodes
- Encourage students to try to follow their normal timetable where possible, to provide some structure and spread work out, although we know that this will not always be possible for a wide variety of reasons.
- Encourage students to try and complete any online schoolwork to the best of their abilities, where possible, depending upon any external circumstances
- Encourage students to read books/listen to audio books for pleasure
- Encourage them to balance schoolwork with other creative/physical activities to keep themselves alert and engaged - we will post ideas on Twitter and our upcoming YouTiube channel
- Encourage students to only communicate with staff during the school day
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any iPad/ICT issues about hardware
- Please contact appropriate Head of Year about any work issues
- Ask students to look after themselves and follow any general advice to stay healthy and help reduce spread of coronavirus
We appreciate that everyone will have different circumstances and have tried to offer as much flexibilty as possible.