Why study this course?
• If you want to follow a creative course that combines practical and intellectual skills
• You want to specialise in the Art and Design field and are passionate about your study
• You would like to prepare for courses in further and higher education
- Fine Art
- Interior Design
You may study some/all of the following:
- You will be introduced to a variety of experiences exploring a range of Fine Art media, processes and techniques.
- You will be made aware of both traditional and new media.
- During the course you will also study and analyse relevant artists and designers in your chosen pathway.
The course is comprised of two Components:
• Personal Investigation
• Externally set Controlled assignment
Students will develop work based on an idea, issue, concept or theme leading to a finished outcome. Practical work will make connections with some aspect of contemporary or past practise of artists, designers, photographers or craftspeople and include a written element to support their practical work.
You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of materials and techniques including:
• Drawing and Painting
Mrs S Bogacki or Mrs C Keary