Why study this course?
• If you wish to pursue a career in business
• If you want to build and capitalise on your knowledge of business
• If you want to study a course that provides a strong foundation for either academic or vocational progression
• If you prefer assessment by examination
• If you are enterprising and see running your own business as a future career option.
• Public sector organisations • Schools/ teaching
• Law firms
• Property management
• Advertising account executive
• Commodity broker
• Distribution manager
• Human resource manager
• Marketing executive
• Market research executive
• Retail manager
• Sales executive
• Stock broker
You may study some/all of the following:
This looks at the inter-related nature of business using business models, theories and techniques to support analysis of contemporary business issues and situations to provide a dynamic subject content. You will look at topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society; you will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics, and globalisation.
• What is business?
• Managers, leadership and decision making
• Decision making to improve marketing performance
• Decision making to improve operational performance
• Decision making to improve financial performance
• Decision making to improve human resource performance
• Analysing the strategic position of a business (A-level only)
• Choosing strategic direction (A-level only)
• Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies (A-level only)
• Managing strategic change (A-level only)
Ms O’Reilly and Miss Ware