Why study this course?
• If you have an interest in, and enjoy, Chemistry
• If you enjoy problem-solving both on paper and by practical work
• If you wish to progress into higher education or enter Chemistry – based employment
• If you have a natural aptitude for the subject
• Forensic Scientist
• Research Chemist
At the end of their 2 year course A level students will sit 3 exams. Papers 1 and 2 are both worth 30% of the final grade and last 1 hour and 45 minutes. Paper 3 covers content from any area of the A-level course and includes assessment of the understanding of practical principles. This paper is worth 40% of the final grade and lasts 2 hours and 30 minutes. In addition, students will be separately judged on their practical skills by internal assessment over a minimum of 19 practical activities. This will be reported separately on their certificates as “pass” or “fail”.
You will study all of the following:
• The course covers: Analytical, Inorganic, Organic and Physical Chemistry.
Miss S Winfield