Why study this course?
• If you wish to pursue a career in business or as an economist
• If you want to build and capitalise on your knowledge of economics
• If you want to study a course that provides a strong foundation for either academic or voca- tional progression
• If you prefer assessment by examination
• If you are enterprising and see running your own business as a future career option
• Public sector organisations • Schools/teaching
• Law firms
• Property management
• Advertising account executive • Banker
• Commodity broker
• Distribution manager
• Marketing executive
• Sales executive
• Stock broker
You may study some/all of the following:
• The operation of markets and market failure: primarily about microeconomics.
• The national economy in a global context: primarily about macroeconomics.
• Individuals, firms, markets and market failure. • The national and international economy, such as; fiscal and supply-side policies.
• Economic methodology.
• Perfect competition and the labour market.
Mrs Desideri and Mr Riley