Why study this course?
• If you have an interest in looking at how different social groups use language
• If you enjoy investigating the language of new technologies (the language of text messaging, email etc.)
• If you would like to analyse the ways that males and females use language
• If the history of the English Language interests you
• If you would like to learn about how children acquire language
• If you’re interested in a career such as journalism, advertising or copywriting
• The Arts
• Media and Creative Writing
• Coursework: Candidates are asked to produce one piece of original writing and a language investigation.
• Examination: Candidates are assessed on topics such as Language Variety in terms of accent, dialect, gender; Children’s Language Development; and how language has changed over the centuries.
• Coursework: - 20%
• Examination: - 80%
Mr J Burns