Why study this course?
• If you have an interest in reading a wide variety of English
• If you enjoy expressing your opinions and justifying them
• If you want to enjoy studying a subject which is relevant to your own lives
• If you want to acquire skills, which will keep your options open for further study
• The Arts
• Media and Creative Writing
Coursework: - 20%
Examination: - 80%
• Coursework: Candidates are asked to critically respond to two texts of their choice
• Examination: Candidates are asked to look at a range of thematically linked texts e.g. WWI and its aftermath and literature from 1945 to the present. Current texts include: Othello, The Great Gatsby, Regeneration, Birdsong, Journey’s End, War Poetry Anthology and Strange Meeting.
Mr J Burns