Ski Austria 2019
SKI AUSTRIA 2019
Following another successful skiing trip, with incredible snow conditions, during Easter of this year, I am delighted to announce our next venture.
This trip will take us to the spectacular Sportwelt Amade Ski Region in Austria. Our base for the trip will be a 3 or 4* hotel in the ski region. The skiing will take place in and around the resort of Alpendorf, a vast ski region with plenty of opportunities for skiers of all abilities. The holiday will take place during Easter 2019. Our departure date will be Saturday April 13th and we will return on Saturday April 20th, this includes 5 days skiing. Due to the late departure, we have been given a snow-sure guarantee. This may involve a change of resort to a higher region but it will not incur any further costs.
This is a repeat of the trip that I organised on many occasions. It has taken much negotiation but I am delighted to inform you that I been able to secure excellent accommodation and a resort with excellent ski school facilities. I am using the same company as before, IBT Travel, and I can assure you that they will do their utmost to meet my requirements throughout the holiday.
We will be travelling to Austria by luxury coach. Although a long journey, with overnight travel, after much investigation into costings, it was felt that this gave us the best value for money. The holiday has been booked as an all-inclusive package and as such the price is guaranteed. The package includes the following:
- Duration – 8 days with 5 days skiing
- Executive touring coach travel – seat belts, dvd / video, toilet
- Dover / Calais ferry crossing or suitable alternative
- Snack lunch on arrival in resort
- 5 nights dinner, bed and breakfast in resort
- 5 days supervised hot snack lunches on the mountain – voucher system for flexibility
- Evening meal before departure on the last day
- Snow-Sure Guarantee
- 5 day full area lift pass (over 350km) – *see supplement below
- 5 days hire of ski equipment including boots, skis and helmets
- 5 days x 5 hours of ski instruction (1 hour longer than normal)
- 5 days with 1 hour lunchtime supervision by ski school
- Ski test, certificate and presentation evening
- Evening entertainment package to include a selection from bowling, quiz night, disco, pizza night, ice-skating, swimming, tubing – to be decided nearer to the date of departure.
- Opportunity to visit Salzburg
- Fully comprehensive insurance
- Resort manager
- Late check out on last day
The total cost of the trip for all students is £850.
Our previous trips have been very popular and highly successful. We have a solid base of staff with a wide range of abilities who will accompany the students. The trip is based on 40 students, however there is the capacity to take 2 coaches and therefore there will be 80 student places available.
This trip is open to all students throughout the Academy and places will be filled on a first come, first served basis. Please note that all students must be in full-time education at de Ferrers at the time of travel. It is not a requirement of the holiday for your child to be able to ski as they will be in ski school for the whole week.
If you wish your child to take part in this trip please return the attached form and pay the £200 non-returnable deposit by July 14th. All payments must be made using Wisepay. If there is insufficient interest, all money paid into the account will be returned.
All students must have their own passports and valid EHIC at the time of travel.
Once your child’s place has been confirmed you will receive notification from me with further information. We have successfully operated a payment plan for the previous trips. Due to the closeness of this trip, the Company needs the first £200 deposits by 16thJuly to secure the booking. They will also require the second deposit within 8 weeks of making the booking. Therefore I will need you to pay another £200 at the beginning of September. These will be the only deposits I need to pay before the final balance.
The additional payment dates are:
14thSeptember - £200 – 2ndDeposit to be sent to the Company
30thNovember - £200
25thJanuary - £250 – Final balance paid.
The full balance needs to be paid to the Company 10 weeks prior to departure.
A parents evening will be help during the term prior to departure giving specific details about the whole trip.
If you have any further enquiries please do not hesitate to contact me at school on (01283 247750). Details of the trip will also be advertised in the Academy website.
Mrs A Jeffery
Ski Party Leader