iPad Information for Students
Students in Years 9 - 11:
All students in Year 9 will have the opportunity to get a 32GB Education iPad, a case, a stylus and a range of apps. Students must take care of it and follow guidelines, especially keeping it in the case, or you maye have to pay for damage/repairs.
We will create a Managed Apple ID for you, giving you 200GB of free cloud storage space. We will also download a variety of school apps directly to your iPad and make other apps available using our own self-service app portal.
We will periodically review logbook trackers/academic summaries to allow some students additional apps, access and freedom, if you demonstrate responsible behaviour and a good attitude to school rules and expectations.
Students in Years 12 - 13:
You will need to create your own Apple ID. The best way to do this is to try and buy a free app, then you will be prompted to create an Apple ID but you won't need to use a credit card.
You will need to download the following free apps:
- Books - For downloading books & PDFs
- Keynote - For creating presentations (like PowerPoint)
- Pages - For creating documents (like Word)
- Numbers - For creating spreadsheets (like Excel)
- iMovie - For creating & editing movies
- Showbie - For uploading work and getting feedback
- Nearpod - For assessment activities
- Socrative (Student version) - For quizzes
- Popplet (Lite) - For creating mind-maps
- Google Drive - For accessing main resources
- Google Docs/Slides/Sheets - For creating content
- The HW app - For recording homework and deadlines
- My Script Calculator - Turns handwriting into calculations & answers