iPad Information for Students
Students in Years 9 - 11:
We will create a Managed Apple ID for you, giving you 200GB of free cloud storage space. We will also download a variety of school apps directly to your iPad and make other apps available using our own self-service app portal.
We hope to eventually allow some students additional access and freedom, if they demonstrate responsible behaviour and a good attitude to school rules and expectations.
Students in Years 12 - 13:
You will need to create your own Apple ID. The best way to do this is to try and buy a free app, then you will be prompted to create an Apple ID but you won't need to use a credit card.
You will need to download the following free apps:
- iTunes U - For accessing online courses & content
- iBooks - For downloading books & PDFs
- Keynote - For creating presentations (like PowerPoint)
- Pages - For creating documents (like Word)
- Numbers - For creating spreadsheets (like Excel)
- iMovie - For creating & editing movies
- Showbie - For uploading work and getting feedback
- Nearpod - For assessment activities
- Socrative (Student version) - For quizzes
- Popplet (Lite) - For creating mind-maps
- Google Drive - For accessing main resources
- QRafter - For scanning QR codes
- Aurasma - For adding interactive auras to images
- The HW app - For recording homework and deadlines
- My Script Calculator - Turns handwriting into calculations & answers